Associate Professor in Networking and Applied Artificial Intelligence
* Tenure-Track Position *
The candidate will take part in the research projects activities in the team, and will also initiate new research projects, in particular on applications of artificial intelligence to networking. Research results should be aimed at publication in leading journals and conferences. Activities in scientific bodies, organization of special sessions, workshops as well as involvements in committees of scientific conferences will also be particularly encouraged. The successful candidate is expected to develop tight cooperation with major industrial stakeholders of the networking area.
Teaching activities will focus on networking (IP networks, mobile networks) at bachelor level, master level, and continuous education. The candidate will be invited to develop specialized courses, such as application of machine learning for networking (for instance IoT, NFV/SDN, 5G, Traffic Engineering in IP networks, …)
Required knowledge and experience
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of networking.
- IP Networks, Software Defined Networks, Network Function Virtualization, Mobiles Networks.
- Network Automation.
- Application of machine learning technics to networking (machine learning, deep learning) (e.g., traffic engineering, Telemetry, Failure Management, orchestration and automatic planning of mobile infrastructures, Radio Resource Management, etc.)
- Very good experience in the design and proposal of original research. Very good academic publication record required.
- Experience of research and teaching at bachelor and master level.
– English: fluent. – French: If the candidate is not French-speaking, he must commit to acquiring the required level as quickly as possible.
Recommended skills and research background
- Experience of machine learning techniques applied to networking.
- Reinforcement learning, Online learning, Transfer Learning
- Deep Learning, Recurrent Neural Networks, …
- Algorithms for networks.
- Proficiency with modern Machine Learning frameworks.
- TensorFlow, spark, sk-learn, …
- Experience of metrology in networks, telemetry.
- Clustering, Anomaly Detection, …
- Experience in retrieval and interpretation of network measurements and reference data (ground-truth, labeling).
- Strong practical skills in research, handling and analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Very good knowledge of network architectures and protocols:
– IP networks, virtualization.
– Traffic engineering.
– 4G/5G mobile networks evolution.
Other Qualities and skills
- Capacity to work in a team and develop good relationships with colleagues and peers.
- Excellent writing and pedagogical skills.
About the position
Status: Permanent position
Official announcement of the position (in French)
Applications can be submitted electronically at recrutement(@)telecom-paristech.fr
or by regular mail at Télécom ParisTech – DRH – B659 – 46 rue Barrault – 75634 Paris Cedex 13
- A complete and detailed curriculum vita.
- A letter of motivation.
- A document detailing past activities of the candidate in Teaching and Research: the two types of activities should be described with the same level of detail and rigor.
- An electronic copy of the main publications (maximum 3 articles).
- The names and addresses of two references.
- A short teaching project and a research project in connection with some of the research topics of the NMS group (maximum 3 pages).
Application deadline: October 30, 2019
Starting date: 2020
Philippe Martins (Head of the NMS group)
Zahir Abela (Human Resources Officer)
By email email@example.com